Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a butterfly for my butterfly...

i've had several projects going on lately. and the other night, i decided to whip out my sewing machine and try something i have been putting off...applique. i knew it wouldn't be too hard, but i am a seriously novice seamstress. (i originally wrote sewer right there, but that doesn't look right. even though, seamstress is sooooo--or sew-far from what i do.) anyway, here is my first attempt. it is so far from perfect, but still, darn cute.

why on earth i chose something so curvy for my first attempt, i have no clue. just call me ambitious.

and i absolutely did NOT sew the shirt together in one place. not me!!

did i happen to mention that the fabric i used is from a patch kit. you know, like the kind you use to patch jeans and whatnot?? well, it is. it was so first time and practice, i didn't even use stablizer. i'm sure i'll regret it after i wash it once. but oh well, i'm good with that. i have the next pattern all cut out. and it's gonna be equally as insane...but more. cause again...i'm crazy ambitious.

she liked it...and that's all that matters.

6 comments:

Darby said...

love the antenae!!

Vaughn said...

that is so cute Becky! Looks Great!

Susannah said...

I want one of these shirts for Anderson, except with a boy theme, how much?? ;) This beautiful kiddo is looking JUST LIKE her momma!

Melissa said...

Oh Becky, that is just tooooo cute! Love it, and wish I could do something like that!

Tiffany said...

The rick-rack for antennae is so adorable! Good for you -- I can't wait to see attempt #2!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

ADORABLE!!! And you are hilarious. I'm so glad you didn't sew it together. LOL!

WV: igooft (am not making this up)

Also Cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails