Wednesday, December 16, 2009

9 years and counting...

sweet love, we have been married 9 years and it just keeps getting better! i keep thinking i don't know how i'll ever love you more, but i keep waking up another day and i do! thank you for being my best friend and my everything else. i wouldn't be me without you.

(this song was in our wedding. watch the video-that won't embed- if you don't know it. plus, here are the lyrics.)

Home To You--John Michael Montgomery
I get up and battle the day
Things don't always go my way
It might rain but that's okay
I get to come home to you
Sometimes life may get me down
And I get tired of getting kicked around
I feel lost in this maddening crowd
But I get to come home to you

You are my best friend
And you are where my heart is
And I know at the day's end
I get to come home to you

Hanging out in our old sweatshirts
You let me complain about a hard day's work
I don't know what I did to deserve
To get to come home to you

You are my best friend
And you are where my heart is
And I know at the day's end
I get to come home to you

You are my best friend
And you are where my heart is
And I know at the day's end
I get to come home to you

Yes I get to come home to you
Oh I love coming home to you

ps--fun fact...micah and i get each other ornaments every year for our anniversary. somehow, we haven't gotten each other the same one. this year, however...this is the year i was sure it was love. he told me he tried to find me a "twilight/edward" ornament. i think i'll keep him. he gets me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I love you sooo much, and I'm thankful for you every day.

Love,
Micah

After opening ornaments, it turns out we did get each other the same ornament this year.

BASSakward Tales said...

happy anniversary...do you remember that there was a tornado that day and i only got there for the reception...i never got to see you as a beautiful bride...i love you and micah very much...i remember passing him notes at the csc about you...love ya girl...

Lindsey said...

happy day to you guys! he is a sweet husband to look for an edward ornament for you:)! wishing you guys a lifetime more!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Happy Anniversary!
I think it's true love when your hubs comments on your blog. I'm pretty sure mine has about 2 times and only to defend himself. :)

Also Cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails