Wednesday, January 13, 2010

braggin rights

ok. i'm not one who usually condones braggin. but this time, i'm just gonna do it. so if it's not really your "thang", then just skip to the end to where i decide to keep it real for ya.

1.) I have been working on my picture taking skills. and by skills, i mean trial and error with the manual settings plus editing with picnik. i think it's getting better. i took some pictures for my life long friend, Elise, and her kiddos, especially her new baby. i took a few pictures at the hospital for her and then right around christmas so that she could use them as gifts for her family. well, first of all, i was flattered that she thought that my pictures were good enough to give as gifts. but then, after i edited them and she took them to get them printed, they asked her if she had the signature to release the pictures. like someone who knew what they were doing had taken them?! i bowed out my chest a little bit. made me feel all warm and tingly. i hope one day i really do get it figured out. now that would be awesome.






2.) Luke has been taking piano lessons for 10 weeks. they are about to get into the "meat" the the lessons. this is a class offered after school for an hour a week for several students at a time. his teachers have told me he was doing well. but this past monday was the end of the session until they start again in 2 weeks. i had thought about stopping for now, but both teachers pulled me to the side and begged me to let him continue his lessons. they said he was just so smart and had a lot of talent and to "never let him quit". and this was after they said "i can really tell you practice with him." i didn't have the heart to tell them that i practiced with him for 20 minutes on sunday nights. so maybe there is something to him having natural talent. i thought he might, but it feels good when someone confirms it. (and as a side note, i completely plan to let him take guitar lessons in a few years. in 10 years, he'll be 16 and i'll be beating the ladies off of him.) so proud of that little fella.

3.) i am planning micah a birthday surprise. and that is all he knows and that is all you will know until afterward. but know that it has occupied my time and that is why you are getting a post full of bragging all over my little self.

now...to keep my ego in check...
the speaker on the driver's side of my minivan (cause i'm super cool) has developed a buzzing noise in it. not sure if it has a short or is going bad. but no matter how low i turn the bass, or change the balance, it still does it. you have clearly arrived when you can make twinkle twinkle little star sound like it was recorded in the hood and that you sound like you are trying to "git jiggy wit it."


5 comments:

The HoneaBees said...

Great job on the photos! I can't wait to hear about the surprise!
My hubby took piano lessons and use to play at his church every Sunday night sitting on phone books...and says he hated every minute of it all. But, he can pick up any instrument and play by ear and so can my bro. Surely that means one of my kids will be able to do the same right? So, why is he so adamant about no lessons for them? I am trying to pay for our retirement here! :)

Susannah said...

That is really cool about Luke being awesome at the piano...seriously never let him quit. I did...and I wished I hadn't. Other thing, you pics seriously are fabulous! Love them! :)

Tara said...

Okay, the pics are beautiful. Of course Elise's kids are too so don't be too cocky...jk...but I especially love the foot one.

And, I love to hear that you have Luke in piano. I think most women would love to have a husband who plays piano. I love that mine plays guitar and really wish I could play anything. I can play the recorder and that is it! I want to get Lillie started one day soon. On the piano, not the recorder!

BASSakward Tales said...

that is awesome about luke...pics are great...why is it we as adults don't keep our cute feet that we had as babies...ironically, i am looking for piano lessons for myself.....miss you...

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Oh how I love you. The pics ARE beautiful, the buzzing is hysterical and your little prodigy is AWESOME!! You deserve some braggin', my friend!

Also Cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails