Thursday, July 31, 2008

thankful thursday

1. I am thankful for my neighbor, Ashley. It gives me some accountability when she wants to walk at night. When i have someone to go with me, even though it is 9pm and i'm completely exhausted and not feelin' it, I lace up and go anyway. Plus...there's always the bonus of adult conversation!

2. I am thankful for all of the lovely ladies I have found in my "friends and friends of friends" section. It is so neat to be able to keep up with everyone and see that they are going through the same things I am in this season of life. I'm glad we can help each other, even through the WWW.

3. I am thankful that the boys are big enough to go in the back yard to play by themselves for a little bit. I can get my kitchen clean while I watch them out the back door or sink window while i get my kitchen clean or get their lunch ready without them being underfoot. plus i know they are ok b/c they can't get out of the fence.

4. I am thankful to be almost done with laundry. I finally got all the kids done and mine put away. the only big stack left is to put away AC's.

5. I am REALLY thankful that tomorrow night, I will be attending Beth Moore's LPL simulcast event with my neighbor and my BF Brandy. We can all really use a little spiritual refresher right now and I think this will be just the ticket.

6. I am thankful that kids say the darndest things. It makes the day to day so funny. We had gotten to the contribution on Sunday and we have always told our boys from a very early age that they were giving their money (quarter) to God. Well, this Sunday as they were passing around the bags, Luke looks at the man coming toward us and said "Daddy...is that God?" and Micah told him no. and then he looks down the aisle to the man on the other side and said "well, is that God?" I love him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your Beth Moore weekend. I am headed to D-town giving a wedding shower for a friend (Laura Whatley)and am really looking forward to that, but would LOVE to have done the simulcast. I'm just finishing a Beth Moore study Believing God and it is so powerful. I would highly recommend that one- really any one- but that one in particular!

Anonymous said...

i think one of the myers kids said the same thing in church one day! btw...in a couple of weeks, mckinsey will be in our youth group. WHAT!?!?!? we cannot possibly be that old!

ps. yes, it is the clay colored one! i'm thinking about calling the hospital and asking if i can have one!

Anonymous said...

you know it's funny because i was looking through blogs that brandi and tara and lindsey had posted last night. i even came across yours, read it and thought she is sure funny. your pic didn't show up or either i was half asleep and didn't notice it. thanks for contacting me. times are tough but when you come across old friends things all of a sudden become easier to deal with. keep in touch!!!

Also Cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails