Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tasty Tuesday::perfect sweet iced tea

tell me yall know about these:


if not, let me inform you. this is an iced tea maker made by Mr. Coffee. i have used one to make my sweet tea since i was in college. to be honest, i think i'm on my 3rd or 4th one. (cause i'll be honest again, it, at least used to be, cheaper to buy a whole new set than to buy a replacement pitcher. i'll have to check on that for yall.) anyway, i get rave reviews on my sweet tea. and this is why. i basically make mexican restaurant quality tea. do yall know what i'm sayin? and just for my faithful few, here is my recipe:

Becky's Sweet Tea (and yes, it is sweet. i didn't say diet for a reason!!)

i have the 3 quart pitcher shown above, only in lime green.

first, you fill up the tea pitcher to the lower 3 quart line (the higher one is if you do it using ice)
pour that in the tower
next, place 2 family sized tea bags and a filter in the basket
next add 1 & 1/4 cups sugar directly into the tea pot
slide the pot up next to the chamber and push the on button
when it is done, mix it together and add in water up to the higher 3 qt line.

and THAT...is some of the best sweet tea you'll evah have...if i do say so myself!!

7 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

Sounds so refreshing! I have the same tea maker outside in my laundry room that I think I've had since college too!-I need to go get that out and make your tea. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Susannah said...

Okay, so where would one get this tea pictcher?

Becky said...

walmart/target...

Sabrina said...

We also have a tea maker and it makes things so much easier and cleaner too! I always boil the water/tea over when making tea on the stove.

Monica said...

You make some pretty stinkin' good tea. And it's the "South Alabama" sweet tea that will send you into a diabetic coma if you aren't prepared. But on a scale from 1-10 I'd give it a 12.

Unsinkable Kristen said...

I have one of these and LOVE it, although being from the midwest, I only make unsweet tea :)

CLS said...

Those teamaker's are one of the best inventions ever in my book! There is a surprise for you on my blog! Go check it out!

Also Cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails