Sunday, August 16, 2009

opinions wanted...

first of all, excuse the total over exposure of that picture. it was taken when we had our home on the market and i was trying to get some in at different times of day. moving on...now, the reason i called you all here today is for a vote. (ooo...maybe i'll put a little poll thing in my side bar.) i'm thinking i want to paint my front door and or my wicker furniture. here's the deal. every house on our road is red brick and all (15 of them) save 2 have white front doors. here is part of the catch...mine is the only one on the road without shutters. so i don't really know what to do. i am hoping for a little pop. something to make our house look different (aside from the fact that we have mature trees and a larger yard...neener neener neener...). so, take a look. enlarge that bad boy. tell me what you think. leave well enough alone, or slap some paint on her and make her all purdy. i'm not gonna tell you what i'm leaning toward b/c i want honesty. now...come out of your little google reader and leave me a comment. pretend you love me.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think you're right to look at painting the door. Either a slate or a deep but cheerful blue color might make it pop a little more. You're such a beast with a paintbrush!!!

"G" said...

Paint the door black and put some outdoor pillows on the wicker furniture... maybe black and white pillows.

Lisa said...

Door - Black or dark blue and I would leave the furniture white.

Good Luck!

Kelley said...

Paint the door in a blue tone and then add some cushions accenting that color on the chairs.

Lindsey said...

i don't know what to tell you, but the other comments sound good to me. at our old townhouse, we painted the door and shutters (was a old pale blue) black and it really looked a TON better.

The HoneaBees said...

I would agree with the black or dark blue, paint the furniture the same and then stitch up some cute pillows. Can't wait to see...

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful the way it is, but if you're ready for a change, I'd paint the door black. I think it would look fabulous with your black roof. You could paint the chairs black, or just leave them white and add some black pillows to tie things together. Have fun!

Brandi Bartee said...

I agree with "G". Keep us posted as to what you decide to do.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I'm with Brandi and G and was thinking black door, too. If you could go with black shutters, that would add a bit more, but wouldn't completely be necessary. Can't wait to see what you decide!

Also Cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails